LinkedIn is an excellent way to reach out to potential employers and expose your professional self – something like an online résumé, to put is simply. LinkedIn is getting more and more popular amongst many people and its use grows more and more by the day.
Make the most of your profile and attract more potential clients by following this simple guide on the most important stuff about making an impressive LinkedIn profile:
- Make sure that your profile picture is a photo that shows you as a professional and that you are someone who cares about your public image. Your picture usually is the first thing that people will see in your profile and making a good first impression counts.
- Ensure that you claim your LinkedIn URL for your public profile. You can use the URL in your email signature, your résumé, business card, or blog to promote your LinkedIn profile. Use a good, easy to read format for your URL.
- Your profile headline should give a brief description of what you are all about, your desired kind of job, and your future goals. This is usually what can set you apart from other profiles that people see.
- Your profile summary should explain what you do and how you can help the person who clicked on your profile. Indicate your work experience and add it all using keywords so that people can find your profile when they search for specific skills or work experience.
- As much as possible, fill in all of the needed information for your profile. Make use of the built in apps in linked in that can provide more insight on the kind of person that you want to show potential clients.
Import your contact list, invite people to join your network and customize the standard invitation. Join groups, get people to recommend you once you connect if they’ve worked for you or endorse you.
You can also add updates that are all about business, work, or profession related. This would be a great way to show off your blogs!